Tuesday, December 7, 2010

The Great Escape

"But still the clever north wind was not satisfied. It spoke to Vianne of towns yet to be visited, friends in need yet to be discovered, battles yet to be fought..." ~Chocolat

Every now and then that clever north wind starts to howl and it's very difficult to be content with my little city that I've inhabited just a bit too long. Today is one of those days. And not just because it's incredibly windy. I want a new city to discover, new people to figure out, people who don't know my name. It may sound like I'm running away, but that's not really true. I do love this city and it's myriad of tangled up stories of the people who have shaped me and I have in turn shaped. However, the stories get too tangled up some days and I want to pull myself from the torn bush of my past and plant myself somewhere clear and become a part of their stories too.

However, every time I attempt to extricate myself I end up back in the tangled web either because of money or time. But I still push for that one day when I will board a plane with a few bags to make my own way in the world. Armed with a Bible and a couple bucks. Maybe Fender too.

I always wondered what it would be like to be a street performer.

*Sigh* The wind keeps howling...


Prague, Czech Republic


Ireland


Machu Pichu, Peru


Venice, Italy


Mykonos, Greece


Nauru

No comments:

Whacha looking for?